Wednesday 16 March 2011

Toad In The Hole

A traditional English dish of sausages served in Yorkshire pudding batter.

If you can make batter, you can make Yorkshire pudding.  If you can make Yorkshire pudding, you can make Toad In The Hole.  It's a very easy dish to make and has been a favourite of mine since I was a child.  My Mum used to be able to get the batter risen around the edges to almost twice the height of the dish and it took me years to realise that using a glass dish makes the batter rise better than if you make it in a metal dish.


It's now become a favourite with my children and I have to use a full sized roasting dish as my recipe takes 12 sausages (2 each).  Always served with mashed potatoes (put through a ricer to make them lumpless), thick gravy and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment