Saturday 19 March 2011

Passion Cake

I spent a day with my Mum yesterday and whilst we were queueing at a café, I spotted a very delicious looking cake.  It was called Passion Cake.  I'd never heard of it before, so upon further research, found out it was actually a variation of carrot cake.


I was pleasantly surprised when today, after offering to bake a carrot cake for the women's tea and cake afternoon at church I came across the recipe in one of my cook books.  Feeling a bit bold I thought I'd experiment and give it a go and if it was a success I'd take it along.  If not, I'd have to admit defeat and take along a shop bought one.   It also has banana and walnut and I can say, from tasting the leftover mix in the bowl, the banana is detectable, but not overpowering.  How it tasted in the baked sponge I can't tell as it had all gone by the time I went to get a slice!


My cake stand came home empty.  So I'm taking that as a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment