Sunday 20 March 2011

20 Minute Treats

Days like today, when I'm feeling run down and generally not well, I still have to consider fillers for the school lunch boxes.  So, anything that can be mixed, baked, cooled and finished off in 20 minutes is a winner.


I baked two Swiss rolls, one plain and one chocolate, which took 15 minutes.  Whilst they were baking I made chocolate buttercream.  The cooled sponges were then cut into rounds.  A plain and chocolate  round were sandwiched together with the buttercream.  The finished treats were piled on a plate and dusted with icing sugar.

Simple and tasty.

3 comments:

  1. These look great. I've never made swiss roll before, presume it's easy as all done very quickl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like doing Swiss roll even when I don't roll it up! Only because you don't have to faff around with creaming butter and sugar. It's a short cut :-)

    ReplyDelete