Wednesday 16 March 2011

My Kitchen

I love kitchens.  To me they truly are the heart of the home.  Most of my spare time is spent in mine - either cooking, eating, having coffee with friends and neighbours, or just pottering around. 

When my husband and I first discussed extending our house, the main thing we agreed on was that the kitchen had to be at least doubled in size. I look at the design now and know it could be better and I look to the day I can start again and redesign it.  I want a kitchen I can sit people down in for meals, where people can hang around and chat over a coffee, or where I can run a small production line of home made baking ready for when the kids come home from school, or when a group of friends are coming over for a girlie night.


In fact, the production line is already happening.  There's no other way to make packed lunch for four children. But, I'm grateful for the kitchen I do have and I love my double oven which is just on its last legs, but still manages to churn out the odd delight now and again.

So, this blog is nothing mind-blowing - just what I love doing in my spare time.  Cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment